Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cake Pop Mania

The new in "thing" these days are cake pops, for those in the baking world. They have them at Starbucks and bakers are now really getting into them. I am no baker, that's for sure. But, I am anal, detail oriented and love sweets. Back in my college days, I took over our apartment and the refrigerator and started making chocolate molded lollipops. They were delicious, beautiful and very detailed. They also took a long time to make, because of my detail and then I couldn't sell them for anything over $1 because it was really just a chocolate lollipop.
I started making  cake pops in the last few weeks. They are divine and beautiful, I might add. I am still working out the kinks, like the dark chocolate and milk chocolate dry so fast, I have a hard time getting the decorations on there. The white chocolate is very easy to work with. Some pops are fancy, some are cute and some are just plain. I have baskets and vases that the pops can be put in for a center piece. You could just put them in a bowl or even get a lollipop stand. Oh, the options!
I am having an Open House for those in the neighborhood and friends. I am not the best sales person but these things are great for birthday parties and any holiday. Hopefully my little business will take off.

Starbucks Pops-  plain, simple, small- $1.50


















My Pops...... also $1.50 and bigger, I have a small and large size. The large is $2.50.



































































































































































































































5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love it! They really do look great!!

Adrienne said...

Love it! They really do look great!!

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful. When is the open house???--d

Anonymous said...

Okay, li'l Miss Baker, those are awesome! What if I wanted about 200 of those things at some point in 2012? Would it be doable? ANd do I get the CSL friends and family discount? And when are you getting your own website? Seriously, this should not piggy-back on the adoption. They are gorgeous! Kudos.

Anonymous said...

Okay, li'l Miss Baker, those are awesome! What if I wanted about 200 of those things at some point in 2012? Would it be doable? ANd do I get the CSL friends and family discount? And when are you getting your own website? Seriously, this should not piggy-back on the adoption. They are gorgeous! Kudos.